Getting certain versions of SlimServer to run on devices that are not a 'normal' PC.
For now this page is a placeholder for links. In time it might develop with more information.
- 2007-05-01: NAS vs. external USB
- 2007-04-30: Infrant NV+ isn't cutting it... any recommendations? Mini Mac? Small PC?
- 2007-04-25: Best NAS to host Slimserver future versions
Devices where people have gotten SlimServer up and running:
- Synology DiskStations => flipflip's Slimserver on Diskstation (SSODS), and SqueezeCenter, too!, discussed in our forum and at Synology's forum).
- Buffalo Tech Linkstation => Installing SlimServer on a LinkStation
- LSPRO on Freelink and Slimserver 6.5.2 including iTunes Fixed Point Decoding AAC/Faad Decoding
- Linksys NSLU2= > Installing Slimserver on the NSLU2
- Thecus N2100 => N2100 Installing SlimServer ~ 6.3.1
- Thecus N5200 => N5200 Module: SLIMSERVER
- HP Thin Clients => FreesNAS & SlimNAS on an HP T5700 Thin Client
Companies offering devices with pre-installed SlimServer/official SlimServer support:
- FreeNAS with SlimNAS (Announcement: 2007-01-19: Announce SlimNAS 0.1 - SlimServer on FreeNAS)
- OpenBSD Installation Guide
- VortexBox Free Fedora based linux distro that automatically rips CDs to FLAC and MP3 and serves them up using many protocols including SqueezeCenter