A newer set of instructions has been written for loading custom Radio firmware
It is possible to force SqueezeCenter to push a specific build of Controller firmware out to controllers that connect to it by using a 'custom.jive.*' file.
How to load a Custom Jive firmware.
- Start out by downloading the Jive.BIN file you are interested in pushing to the controller.
- Rename the file you download to custom.jive.bin
- Extract or Modify the version file using either of the methods below:
- Extract: the version file from the custom.jive.bin file and save it to custom.jive.version
- Modify: locate your cache folder (see below) and copy jive.version file to custom.jive.version, edit the custom.jive.version file, change the first line to the target version. I.E. 7.0.1 r2448 > 7.2 r3191
- Stop SqueezeCenter server
- Copy these two "custom" files to the \\Cache ( < 7.3x ) or \\Cache\Updates ( 7.4 > ) folder
- Start SqueezeCenter server
- Connect your Controller, and you should be presented with this custom firmware version as a software update. Note: When using this method, no version data will be displayed on the Controller.
Once you are done testing, remove the custom.* files. SC will NOT auto-upgrade new firmware files to the Controller when they are pushed out, if the custom.* files are located in the cache directory.
- The cache folder can be in a variety of locations depending on your OS. Typically at \\...\SqueezeCenter\Cache folder
- Linux = /var/cache/slimserver/
- Ubuntu = /var/lib/squeezecenter/cache
- OSX 10.x.x = /Library/Caches/SqueezeCenter
- Windows XP (7.3) = ..\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SqueezeCenter\Cache
- Windows XP (7.4)= ..\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Squeezebox\Cache
- Windows Vista = ..\ProgramData\SqueezeCenter\Cache\
- Windows Home Server =
- Windows Server 2000 = ..\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SqueezeCenter\Cache
- Windows Server 2003 =
- NETGEAR ReadyNas =
- note: Application Data & ProgramData directory(s) are hidden, you will need to display hidden directories to see them.
- note: SqueezeCenter 7.4 cache folder will be renamed to ..[TBD]..\cache