The good folks who make up the members of our community. These should be reviewed and made current or deleted. Here's an attempt to classify the various User categories for Squeezebox owners. It's probably not definitive, but it is tongue-in-cheek.
Logitech SMBU Team
Do It Yourself (DIY) Projects
A place to list fun projects that other community members have built. If you add your project, be sure to include pictures and step-by-step instructions as others may be interested in giving your idea(s) a try.
- Retro Squeeze -- Fitting a Squeezebox into an old radio chassis for a "retro" look.
- EmbeddedXEN 2.0 -- Embedded virtualization framework supporting SqueezeOS as a second (guest) OS
This section is for user-created how-to guides covering advanced hardware and software configurations. If you need assistance with any of these, please visit our community forums (http://forums.slimdevices.com).
- Blik Radiostation -- How-to guide for connecting a Revo Blik Radiostation to SqueezeCenter.
- Barix Extreamer -- How-to guide for re-purposing a Barix Exstreamer to behave like a Squeezebox.
- Streaming DAB Radio to a Squeezebox -- How-to guide to streaming DAB radio broadcasts to a Squeezebox using a Psion Wavefinder.
- Streaming to Icecast -- How-to guide for streaming from Slimserver to Icecast using MuSE.
- Clean URL for SqueezeCenter -- How-to guide to using Apache's Reverse Proxy feature to start the SqueezeCenter UI without having to specify the port 9000. (Written for SlimServer, but should work with SqueezeCenter)
- Play DVD Tracks -- How-to guide for playing AC3/DTS tracks ripped from DVD through your Squeezebox.
- Running SlimServer without a PC -- A somewhat-dated how-to guide to running SlimServer on devices that aren't "traditional" computers (NAS drives, for example).
- Setup browse menu for classical music -- How-to guide for improving support for classical music using third party plugins
- Setup dynamic menu to browse music by tags -- How-to guide for creating a multi level dynamic browse menu using third party plugins
- Setup kids room SqueezeBox -- How-to guide for setting up a SqueezeBox in the kids room with access to a limited part of the library
- Setup new browse menus -- How-to guide for setting up extra browse menus normally not supported in SqueezeCenter using third party plugins
- Setup smart playlists -- How-to guide for setting up dynamic smart playlists using third party plugins
- Setup support for custom tags -- How-to guide for adding support for custom tags normally not supported in SqueezeCenter
- Setup support for ratings -- How-to guide for adding support for viewing and setting ratings directly from the SqueezeBox
- SqueezePlug -- How-to guide for SheevaPlug as SBS-Server
- Revisit Slim Devices' April Fool's pranks of yore here