The plan is to use Drupal for the 2nd-gen SlimDevices.com
It was designed for many of the purposes spec'd for the SqueezeWiki project and a vast wealth of user contributed Drupal plugins that provide many of the features we require are readily available:
- High configurable/extensible file upload management
- Highly configurable/extensible content management (CMS)
- Plugins to automatically generate OPML / RSS
- Definable levels of user permissions
- Content voting / ranking / displaying based on weight of vote or ranking
- Well documented framework for user-contributed plugins.
- Vibrant active open-source community.
wiki.slimdevices.com Media Wiki should probably considered the "Squeeze Encyclopedia" where as the Drupal-based site will be the community driven CMS application to manage Squeeze add-ons, files, etc.