NOTE: The Perl built for OpenPogo does not currently work with the ARM builds of Squeezebox Server. The instructions below are just notes at how to get a fail. Folks have had better luck with on the SheevaPlug hardware. See: SheevaPlug Installation guide.
Installing Squeezebox Server on PogoPlug
- Get ssh and the ipkg system installed on your PogoPlug.
- Install the following packages with:
ipkg install perl mysql freetype adduser
- Create a directory for Squeezebox Server to live in:
mkdir /opt/squeezeboxserver cd /opt/squeezeboxserver
- Download the tarball ARM version of Squeezebox Server, from the appropriate nightly repository at http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/ with version 7.4 or greater. (replace the YY and XX with the current version)
wget http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/7.4/sc/XXX/squeezeboxserver-7.YY-XXX-arm-linux.tgz tar -zxvf squeezeboxserver*.tgz cd squeezeboxserver*
- Run Squeezebox Server from the command line:
/opt/bin/perl -w slimserver.pl --daemon
NOTE: Here's where it goes bad for me with an Illegal Instruction. Andy noted that the OpenPogo build of Perl does not have threads built for it, so the built modules won't work. See http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=14757