Great resource, could be better with a little more infrastructure
This wiki is a great resource but it's set up inefficiently, not taking advantage of the MediaWiki software.
- Running an ancient version of MediaWiki. Upgrade before doing any of the other suggestions below.
- Words in page titles are not searchable. A title like DeveloperGuide will not show up as a title match when people search for "Developer". This kind of PascalCasing is good on other wiki software but not MediaWiki. You should rename all these pages to have spaces between the words so those words are searchable. (Renames will preserve the old titles if you upgrade MediaWiki as suggested above.)
- Very little use of categories on pages.
References to improve things:
--Blazeslim 08:52, 21 December 2009 (PST)
- Agreed. - Soulkeeper 07:22, 27 December 2009 (PST)
please add email verfication to avoid at least a little but of the spam -- Fragfutter
- Or at least delete the spam. Are there any administrators on this wiki? - Soulkeeper 04:44, 26 January 2010 (PST)
- If only there was a way to block the creation of pages with the words "Loan" or "Free" in the title, more than 95% of all the spam on this wiki would be blocked. Sigh. - Soulkeeper 01:43, 10 May 2011 (PDT)
- I just noticed that links to external sites lack the rel="nofollow" attribute. No wonder there's a lot of link spam. This setting needs to be changed IMO. Or upgrade MediaWiki from version 1.11.1 to version 1.4 or newer, where this is the default. http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:$wgNoFollowLinks - Soulkeeper 07:16, 22 May 2011 (PDT)