With recent versions of the firmware you should be able go through the basic network setup screens and get connected.
At the end of this process you should get a firmware update.
After this, you will be prompted to add your Fab4 to create a SqueezeNetwork account or use an existing one.
NOTE: Fab4 is currently using the beta SqueezeNetwork service at http://fab4.squeezenetwork.com/ You'll need to go to that web site to manage your account.
As always, feel free to leave your thoughts and options on our forum and file bugs at bugs.slimdevices.com.
Please visit http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/latest/7.4/ to download the latest version of SqueezeCenter that works with Fab4.
Manual Firmware Update
If you get stuck and cannot update your firmware over the network, use the following instructions to update via SD card:
- Download latest Fab4 Bin file (fab4_7.4_r----.bin) from http://update.slimdevices.com/update/firmware/.7.4/ .
Note: above link is old firmware. Obtaining current firmware requires two step process:
a) Obtain current firmware revision number at: http://update.slimdevices.com/update/firmware/.7.4/fab4.version .
b) Replace REVISION (eg. r6026) in the following link: http://update.slimdevices.com/update/firmware/.7.4/fab4_7.4_REVISION.bin.
- Copy the file onto an SD Card (in the root directory)
- Start up your unit
- Insert the SD Card with the bin file into your Fab4
- Choose Settings-->Advanced-->Software Update--> Update from SD Card
- The unit will automatically update and restart